— Our CSA is now full for new 2015 members. —
Visit one of our two weekly farmstands starting in May/June!
CSA stands for Community Supported Agriculture. The CSA model allows the subscribing customer an opportunity to support a farm by purchasing a member share at the beginning of the farming season. This is when many of the expenses come up for the farm, such as seeds and soil amendments. Then, throughout the season, the CSA member receives a weekly share in the delicious bounty produced by the farm.
Our CSA model is unique. Our urban circumstances are unique, and therefore, so is our CSA program.
While most farms divvy up the goods they grow into boxes for subscribers, we offer our CSA members the opportunity to pick and choose from the available harvest each week.
Freedom of choice instead of a weekly box.
As a subscriber, you will be able to decide what vegetables you want and when. Our members pre-pay for their share at the beginning of the season, then use this money as a “bank account” to shop with us at either farmstand location as often as they want, picking out whatever items they want. Shareholders receive a discount and the ability to pre-order items before they go on sale. And you get the knowledge that you’re supporting our enterprise and sharing the season with us!
So here’s The Nitty Gritty:
- Buy in at $250 or more
- Receive a 5% discount if you buy in before March 1, 2015.
- FIRST, Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to see if we still have shares available.
- THEN, Send us a check. You can send your checks to 4108 Eastern Ave. N., Seattle, WA. 98103
- Please include with your check, your phone number and email address so we can get in touch with you.
- Use the money in your CSA account to pick up produce of your choice at the farmstand in Crown Hill or Wallingford.
- Eat yummy veggies all summer long!
Some customer praise for City Grown’s CSA!
“This was my first year as a CSA member and second year as a regular visitor to the little farmstand. The credit system style CSA was new to me and my favorite experience with a CSA so far due to the flexibility. No more struggling to use 3 heads of lettuce in a week or trying to give away my box when I’m out of town for a weekend. I enjoyed the guest appearances from other local growers (such as the delicious figs) and the early and late season opportunities to get local, fresh vegetables. Looking forward to next year!”
“It has been wonderful having City Grown in our neighborhood and to see their continued growth. They provide excellent quality produce, at a good value and with consistent and friendly service. They have really become a an intergral part of the neighborhood such that my family look forward to visiting their farmstand on Saturdays.”
- Purple & green pole beans
- Beets – Detroit Dark Red & Touchstone Gold
- Bok Choi
- Cauliflower Romanesco Veronica
- Carrots – Orange & Purple
- Rainbow Chard
- Collard greens
- Cucumbers – mini Persian
- Heirloom Garlic varieties
- Kale – Lacinato(Dino), Curly, & Red Russian
- Lettuce – Butterhead, Green Romaine & Red Summer Crisp
- Mustard greens
- Onions, Bunching
- Parsley – Italian flat leaf
- Peas – Sugar Snap
- Pea vines
- Peppers – purple, green, yellow & red mini bells
- Potatoes – fingerlings
- Radishes – French Breakfast
- Salad Mix
- Spicy Mix
- Summer Squash yellow & green
- Tomatoes – Stupice (red tomatoes)
- Tomatoes – Sungold (orange cherry)
- Turnips – Japanese salad turnips
- Winter squash – delicata & sugar pumpkins
- Sunflowers & other flower bouquets
- Heirloom dry corn – Painted Mountain